About research priority setting in vascular anaesthesia
Questions arising out of the National Exercise relevant to the VASGBI:
- Can regional anaesthesia safely be performed on patients taking clopidogrel and similar antiplatelet agents?
- Do volatile anaesthetic agents protect the heart from ischaemia and if so do they produce a clinically relevant reduction in perioperative myocardial events?
- What is the best method to reduce intraoperative blood loss and transfusion?
- Does a “blood product package” improve outcome for major haemorrhage in vascular surgery.
- Reduction in phantom limb pain – are there any possible post-operative drugs or techniques?
- Does haemodynamic optimisation prior to major surgery improve outcome?
- Does maintaining perioperative blood pressure at preoperative levels improve outcome?
Do you have any comments about these, or suggestions for other subjects? Please contact Simon Howell via our contact page.